Saturday, February 11, 2006

sunburnt


Good Lord for alliance! Thus goes everyone to the world but I, and I am sunburnt; I may sit in a corner and cry 'heigh-ho!' for a husband.
Much Ado about Nothing
Have I written this post before? Not this exact post, but something similar. Perhaps last time "sunburnt" didn't refer to an actual sunburn. Today, I'm afraid, it does.
Last year, on a whim, my mother decided that for her birthday we were going to go tubing. Not just drive up the street, find a hill tubing. Soldier Hollow tubing--the kind that would qualify for an Olympic medal (right behind curling). You get hauled up the mountain while sitting on tube that is connected to a tow rope. All this while listening to whatever music they decide to pipe over the tubing hill. "Thriller." The Killers. Country. Christmas music. Whatever.
Last year we had fun. So it became a tradition. This morning we suited up and headed for the hill. There were a few snags, but for two hours we sped down the hill over and over again. It was fantastic.
We brought sunscreen. At least, Dad brought sunscreen. But who wants to smell like coconut in February? Everyone's a little red, but I win. The things people will be comparing my face to--well, come say hello and tell me what comes to mind.

1 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

I just now (right this minute) finished watching Much Ado About Nothing, so I will compare your face to Emma Thompson.

 

Template by Blogger Candy