Tuesday, February 14, 2006

one large cheesy pizza, just for me

I spent the day on campus. Went to class, taught a class, and then seven hours in my box of an office. I managed to effectively avoid the bulk of the day this way. I assumed that if I came back to the house suitably late, the newlyweds would have vacated the premises. No such luck. In fact, my fumbling with my keys at the door was met not by my roommate but newlywed number one waiting for her Valentine's Pizza.

I rolled my eyes at the lack of romantic thought behind said Pizza (despite the capitalization), but thought it sounded perfect for the lonely bitter twisted soul upstairs (i.e., me). So I ordered my own pizza--medium, half green pepper, half artichoke hearts--and started up Elizabethtown while I waited the fifteen minutes necessary before picking the pizza up. When I got the pizza (please note that mine is lowercased), the cashier opened the box to show me my medium green pepper artichoke heart-shaped pizza. Wait. Read that again. Heart-shaped. Pizza. Happy Valentine's Day to me. After a day of avoiding the day, it showed up in my pizza box. Wait. Let's do this right. Pizza Box. Dammit.

Dammit, dammit, damn. And that being said, I'm going to let everything spill out now. I am lonely, incredibly lonely. I love what I do, but it's lonely. Yesterday I sacrificed my dignity and asked aa where he meets the girls he dates. Not that I'm looking for a girl. But I'm looking for someone to be with (preferably male). Someone tall, etc. Someone who respects me. Someone who is independent. Someone who lets me be independent. Someone who will take care of me. Because, to be quite honest, I'm so tired of taking care of myself and everyone else.


I will miss your lips and everything attached to them. Claire Colburn, Elizabethtown.

0 comments:

 

Template by Blogger Candy