Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What Makes Him Attractive (in eg's opinion)

There has been some debate/discussion over my choice to tout Channing Tatum (seen here, bottom picture) as an attractive man.

In his defense, it's not his best picture, although it was the best one I could find that was, um, appropriate for my blog (meaning clothed). However, I would like to call your attention to his eyes, his lips, and his suit--I like strong/prominent facial features (i.e., great eyes, defined jaw, etc.). But this has led to at least five minutes of serious contemplation of what I find attractive in a man, which has led to the following (incomplete) list:


Jake Gyllenhaal. Scruffy. A bit on the nerdy side. Brilliant actor. I particularly love him as Hal in Proof.


Adrian Grenier. One of my first celeb crushes. The hair. The eyes. And, of course, the scruff. (Minor obsession here, people.) And in regards to the hair: I'm ornery about hair. He's got to have either a good head of hair or look good bald. The thin inbetween is scary enough that he'd better have one amazing personality to offset this problem. (And if he likes to play with my hair, all the better.)

Johnny Depp as Roux in Chocolat. Love Depp as an actor, but let's be honest: I'm not going to swoon over his Willy Wonka. Roux on the other hand. . . I can just say ditto to the qualities of the guys before (hair, scruff, eyes), and then zero in on the guitar, which is why I chose this pic. I'm a sucker for an artist. Ask my first boyfriend. And it doesn't have to be a musician--it doesn't even have to be fine arts. A guy who is passionate about science or math or Latin is just as sexy to me.

Benedick. I've said this before, but he's my perfect man. Witty. Not a pushover. And, while I do prefer dark features, I needed a blond/redhead/whatever he is. . . I guess we could chat about our unknown hair color.

6 comments:

JB said...

We have similar taste in men. By that I mean, I agree with all of your choice. That's rare. Also, Benedict is the prefect man. Silly, not a push-over, witty, not too interested at first etc, but also devoted (after he realizes that he likes you, of course).

JB said...

(I meant "choices.")

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice definition! Attractiveness is something hard to pin down, I think. Muy impressive. Scruffiness is optional for me. Not everyone pulls it off, I don't think. And some people look good either way--J. Depp, for example, is very good looking (I think) in Finding Neverland. Brad Pitt is his hottest in Oceans 11--also non-scruffy. But those who can and do pull it off--yes it's good.

Tolkien Boy said...

You girls and your desires for a man who fights with you...

Just for that, I should add I've always had a thing for Beatrice...witty, clear-thinking, not an accessory...

...oh, and can we mention she's played by the incomparable Emma Thompson?

Melyngoch said...

and his hair shall be . . . of what color it please God.

Anonymous said...

at the risk of outing myself as a reader of your blog, i must weigh in: funny and passionate, good at the banter, perpetually challenging: these are the most important qualities. they sustain everything. cute is gravy. cute when scruffy on top of all these other strengths is a hot-fudge sundae: don't let go if you find it.

 

Template by Blogger Candy