Tuesday, October 25, 2005

me, myself, and me again

Today has been one of those off days to the nth degree. I don't know how I didn't manage to get any rest last night--I know I slept, but I don't feel as if I slept. And I don't remember any dreams, so the physical exhaustion makes no sense. And the mental exhaustion I'm just going to chalk up to grading papers and conversing with Tolkien Boy last night.

I'm listening to Rascal Flatts. I know I just blogged a day ago complaining about Sister wanting them for wedding reception music. But I felt like RF today. And now I'm kicking myself for being such an ornery hypocrite.

I focus too much on myself. I know this. And if anyone said this to me about him or herself, I would say, "Good for you. That's how it's supposed to be right now. This is our time to be selfish." But I'm starting to want more than living for myself. This doesn't just mean someone to be with romantically, but doing things I don't directly benefit from or doing things for others that doesn't involve my job or my research or me.

Another thing to work on, I guess. . . So TB, meet me at the Jacobsen Center? ;)

1 comments:

JB said...

I don't know that you were looking for suggestions, but I've got a few just in case.

I signed in on http://www.volunteermatch.org/
to be a volunteer. It's great! You can volunteer from home--even doing editing if you're interested in it. Or you can find a place nearby. The Jacobsen Center might be better, but that website's an option anyway.

The whole not feeling like you've slept thing sounds like maybe you're coming down with something? If you drink caffeine, it might interest you to know that if you've got too much of it in your system you won't go into REM. Or it won't be as productive...something like that. Anyway, here's a website that'll tell you all about it.

Soda has about 50 mg of caffeine in it and your body goes through 100 mg in 6 hours. Also, it helps not to eat proteins right before you go to bed because that gives you more energy.

Exercise helps tire me out. Just be sure to finish excercising stuffs a good two hours or more before you get to bed. Okay, that's enough of my diatribe...good luck!

 

Template by Blogger Candy