Friday, October 07, 2005

Because it must be said

This was going to be titled "Ode to A. Allen," but poetry will not be attempted. But it must be said that Allen is one amazing man. Irritating at times, yes, but amazing is the more accurate word. I suppose you could substitute "brilliant," but I'm still going with amazing. It seems to cover more territory, and not just in syllables.

I was going to give a specific list, but I'll just say this: Amazing. Amazing poetry. Amazing attitude. Amazing mindset, lifestyle, hair, smile, sense of humor, sense of self, sense of when to stop using sense. Without him, there would be no ORCA. There would be no drive. And there would be no one to throw his hat off the top of the JFSB to me. Just wish I could have caught it. (For the record, it was the wind's fault.)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I have multiple items of business here on your blog, and thus, will number:

1. Thanks for the phone call(s) today. I will be returning them (again) after work at approx. 10:30 p.m. mountain standard time.

2. You are so cryptic! So many acronyms! Why? Why? Why? It's like you're leading a double life about which you don't want me to know anything. Via blog, at least.

3. I forgot. But probably something to do with brilliance, amazingness, and so forth.

4. Now I remember: The beloved Lance Larsen was in todays Deseret Morning News (copy edited by yours truly, so if there are mistakes, don't tell me.)

5. Jaqui Larsen has a show in S.L. with another artist, and it's free and I want you to go to it with me.

Okay, back to work...

editorgirl said...

1. You are welcome. We need to figure out a time when we can just talk and talk and talk and talk.

2. I want you to know everything. But not everyone else. Therefore, I am cryptic.

3. Perhaps a vision of scintillating loveliness? Not enough of those since you've been gone.

4. What day? I can't find the article and I want to read it.

5. I want to go with you. Because you're my favorite Miss K.

editorgirl said...

Of course I check this far down my blog. In fact, I was skimming through the archives and found a new comment from May in the Novemeber 2004 blogs.

Aaron Allen said...

wow,
ive never been the subject of a psuedo ode before...but now that i think about it...it has major poetic potential. EG i think you should definetly expand upon this idea of my amazingness. i'm seeing haiku's...im seeing epic poems...im seeing creation myths...im seeing ellipses. for the record, i just read this today, so that comment i made yesterday somewhere on this blog about how amazing you are, was purely coincedental. ...and to all you who have yet to comment, i think you should really get to know me, cause apparently, Im amazing.

 

Template by Blogger Candy