Sunday, October 30, 2005

in no particular order

1. Kapka's annual Halloween party tonight. I admit, I dressed up, but didn't go in costume. Costumes are for people who can be wacky and spontaneous. The last Halloween costume I wore was Lois Lane--that way I could wear a suit and look good without embarrassing myself. Miss K showed up as a very sexy angel. Maybe I need to look into getting a set of wings.

2. Saw Elizabethtown. That decision was one part Orlando Bloom/Kirsten Dunst (I admit to often enjoying her as an actress and to often enjoying looking at him, although not in LotR) and one part the word "Elizabeth" was in the title. It actually felt like I was watching four films all happening to the same guy, but that's okay. I enjoyed it, very much so. Except for Dunst's Southern accent. I couldn't quite believe it. She did have some great lines, though. In fact, add Claire Colburn to my list of roles I wouldn't mind playing.
Everyone is less mysterious than they think they are.

I'm hard to remember, but I'm impossible to forget.

I'm going to miss your lips. And everything attached to them.

We peaked on the phone. (imdb.com)


3. I feel complete tonight. Complete and yet empty at the same time. Sister and Fiance are in the next room, cuddling on the bean bag, whispering what I suspect to be absurd and unnecessary things. And even though I have great friends and an excellent career ahead of me, I want that. I wanted that in the theater today--to have someone to poke at the good lines and someone to put their arm around me during the beautiful scenes and someone to start analyzing it with me as we watch the credits--all the credits.

4. I think this is a new thought, at least for this list. K pointed out to me tonight my ability to develop a crush on any new guy who presents himself. And this is all too true. But I can usually dismiss those crushes quickly. As of tonight, the list is empty and while part of me is pleased with this open dance card, part of me is sad that there just isn't anyone to want to be with on a Saturday night. Or any other night.

5. I just felt like the list should end on an even number. "Everyone is less mysterious than they think they are." Amen, sister.

2 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

1. Last night I went to my ward's Halloween party (or Fall Celebration, I think it was officially called--Halloween is evil and pagan, so we can't have a ward Halloween party) as Clark Kent. In the past, Foxy J has been Lois to my Clark, I think for similar reasons--she's not a costume sort of woman--but this year she went as Unnoticeably Pregnant Woman in Overalls.

2. The only thing I didn't like about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is that for most of the movie Kirsten Dunst played an unlikeable character and that soiled the pure image I had of her from Spider-Man (which is not to say she didn't play her role well; it was just an unlikeable role). Maybe I should see Elizabethtown.

3. Now you are being mysterious. Why ever would you use the gender-ambiguous "their" in "someone to put their arm around me"? ;)

4. At least now you're free to develop a crush on the next guy who presents himself. (Or should I say "next person who presents themself"?)

5. Since when is five an even number?

6. All of the above to be read in an amiable jesting tone, not in a cruel jesting tone.

editorgirl said...

1. So is this what the black hair dye was for? And if so, will your hair still be black for this week's festivities or will I just have to beg for pictures?

2. It is a bit of a frustrating movie, just as a warning. I was really enjoying it by the end, and what I leave with often determines my review. (I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but I want/need to).

3. I have no idea where that came from. Please replace with "his very masculine, hairy arm."

4. Bah.

5. Humbug.

6. Wrong holiday.

 

Template by Blogger Candy