Thursday, October 20, 2005

add vice

Yes, I'm supposed to be grading papers right now.

Yes, I have given one 'A.'

Yes, I have given two 'C's.

Yes, I've only graded three papers thus far.

Yes, I don't want to grade anymore.

Yes, I'm being clever.

Yes, I think he's a pompous ass.

Yes, I know that there's nothing I can do.

Yes, I known you know that I know that there's nothing I can do.

Yes, I'm thinking about someone new (who, for the record, is not the pompous ass or a pompous ass).

Yes, I know that it won't happen.

Yes, I know that it never happens.

Yes, I know that there wasn't a clear antecedent.

Yes, I know that despite there being no clear antecedent you still knew what "it" was referring to.

2 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

I did, in fact, know what "it" referred to. Are you psychic?

editorgirl said...

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am.

 

Template by Blogger Candy