Monday, January 01, 2007

so this is the new year: a photo essay

I have thrown and I have been to some fabulous crazy parties, but ultimately I prefer a small group of friends, and for New Years, Tolkien Boy and co. gave me just that. Good friends, good food, good fun, and just a strong enough dose to make me wish for one more game of anagrams.





Melyngoch and Ginsberg (check out the beard!)




[Insert photo of unsmug marrieds here]

Brozy and Bawb, the best marrieds to hang out with ever


Pretty sure Tolkien Boy is laughing at Melyngoch. Brave, brave TB.




Melyngoch demonstrating how she would quiet a crying child. And Ginsberg wondering if this really is the future mother of his children.


In the game of Curses, there is no cursing. Just Bassercussionist (TB's brother) scratching himself like a gorilla while giving himself bunny ears, hiccuping, clucking like a chicken, and delivering Mr. T's catch phrase. . . in falsetto.


And finally, because it's only fair, a self-portrait. Although, if anyone knows how to upload movie clips to Blogger (or another program), I have a great clip of Ginsberg demonstrating the Lon Cheney approach to werewolves.

8 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

I'm jealous. Happy New Year.

Petra said...

I am also jealous. For New Year's, I went to bed at 9 PM. Laughing with TB/at Melyngoch would have been a lot more fun.

Sir Jupiter said...

I, too, am jealous. And by the time I get to Utah, I'll be 12 days too late.

Anonymous said...

me too! and if i don't get my eg fix soon, i may go insane.

Unknown said...

sigh...now-trite comment about how I missed it.

eleka nahmen said...

TB was detailing me on everything I missed. I seriously need a clone of myself.

ambrosia ananas said...

Thanks, EG. You just gave me my New Year's resolution.

Bassercussionist said...

It wasn't easy, either.

 

Template by Blogger Candy