Sunday, January 21, 2007

poor little rich girl

I have come to the conclusion that I have been incredibly spoiled the past two years of my life. Two years ago, I was part of april (that's aa in the pic). And last year I was adopted into Fob. In addition to playing the part of both muse and critic, these groups were my friends.

This isn't to say that I am no longer friends with these people--in fact, I consider them some of my best friends. And this isn't to say that I don't have other friends--I feel the need to single out Lady Jane in particular. But I am feeling my loss rather acutely this semester. Last semester was so crazy--teaching and classes and the gallery exhibit and my thesis. This semester is teaching and my thesis, which I don't feel much pressure over (yet). I also don't have those hours of both learning and socializing booked into my schedule for me.


I'm scared to say this, but I need to make the commitment somewhere: I am going to make friends. I already love the Study Abroad group--there is more than one kindred spirit there, and I don't think I'm too much the teacher yet (Bennion is excellent at making a class a class rather than a hierarchy). And there's one gentleman in my ward who seems a likely candidate for friendship. I'm afraid this means I will be muching and mingling today, but it's a small price to pay. . . right?

3 comments:

Braden said...

You should come hang out with us more often. We'll make sure to invite you next time we have people over.

B.G. Christensen said...

Fob is alive and well in Seattle, my friend, and sorely lacking in the female department.

B.G. Christensen said...

(In fact, we currently have no female department.)

 

Template by Blogger Candy