Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm no good at seducing

so I'm back to blogging.

I was recently (about ten minutes ago) sitting in my car rocking out to The Weepies ("Painting by Chagall"), Faith Hill ("The Way You Love Me"), and REO Speedwagon ("Keep On Loving You") waiting for my Taco Bell Grilled Stuft Burrito. It's moments like these when an editorgirl has time to really consider life and all its intricacies, including (but not limited to)

  • I wonder if the guy in the car ahead of me can see me dancing. Oh well. (Shakes hair seductively and continues dancing.)
  • Would it kill them to spell "stuffed" correctly? Probably. (Shakes hair saucily and continues dancing.)
  • Do I know all the words to this song? Who is this anyway? Faith Hill? Rock on! (Shakes hair twangily and continues dancing.)
  • Hmm. I still need to decide on Pride and Prejudice clips for class tomorrow, although there's no way we're getting to them. Can I justify showing the Bollywood dance number simply because Naveen Andrews is hot? (All hair shaking and dancing ceases in light of this all-important truth.)
  • Naveen Andrews is hot.
  • Still on Naveen--wait. Wait wait wait. Is this? It is! "I'm gonna keep on lovin' you-ou 'cuz it's the only thing I wanna do-oo!" (Flashbacks of Adrian Grenier and Melissa Joan-Hart in Drive Me Crazy, before the romance, but in that all-important returning-to-how-things-were-before-his-mom-died moment. Dancing commences again.)
  • Remind self that that was a movie, not real life.
  • Momentary depression over how boring real life really is.
  • Contemplate return to the blogging world, just to say "Hi" to everybody.
  • Momentarily stop tossing hair and dancing in the car to pay for burrito. Ignore the strange looks from the drive-thru window operator as dancing recommences.
  • Five minute serious reflection considering how if I really liked a guy and he was in the car, I would not be dancing, which would be a shame, because I love this song and dancing just feels so good sometimes.
  • Turn up Backstreet Boys song which--yes--I know all the words to. Rock on!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

editorgirl, I thought you had better taste in music than this. Sure we've all got our guilty pleasures, but REO Speedwagon? Next you'll be telling me you like Matchbox 20 or something horrible like that. . .

Tolkien Boy said...

I confess I also know some Backstreet Boys lyrics. But only because I want to fit in with lovely people like editorgirl.

ZeroSmythson said...

A few points:

1. "Keep On Lovin' You" by REO Speedwagon is okay, but vastly inferior to "Time For Me to Fly."

2. Methinks the incorrect spelling on "stuft" has something to do with the fact that, in Australia, "stuffed" (regular spelling) is tantamount to the F-bomb. (And, presumably, there are Taco Bells in Australia.)

3. I, too, am an escape artist, and it seemed to work for me. Granted, I am male, and I couldn't relate to half the questions on the quiz. Truly, it doesn't really matter anymore, the more I think about it, but I did find the quiz interesting (read: appalling).

4. Rock.

5. On.

Braden said...

Taco Bell is so incredibly delicious. I crave it on a more or less constant basis at this point. You should ask for a Cheesy Gordita Crunch. It's not on the menu, but they'll still make it.

B.G. Christensen said...

Mm... Taco Bell...

Thanks for saying hi. Hi to you too.

Liz Busby said...

A ha! I found your blog, without any help from Marisa. Yay! (I'm in the Study Abroad class, by the way.)

Liz Busby said...

Joni also has a blog, which you can find linked from my blog. :D

And I don't know if you're on facebook, but we've already made a group for the SA. Granted, I could only find eight of the people on facebook . . . .

 

Template by Blogger Candy