Saturday, November 13, 2004

Nice guys finish first

After an abnormally lengthy dry spell, my dance card suddenly seems to be full. Which is making me rethink about a million statements I've made regarding the not-so-fair gender. Granted, being female, I'll naturally change my mind again in a few months, but for now, let's chat about what makes (or breaks) a great date.
1. Talk to me. I hate nothing more than someone who avoids conversation. What is the point of going on a date if it only consists of an event where talking is not an option? Do dinner before or dessert afterwards, but take the time to talk to me. Of course, at the same time, know your etiquette. Don't talk to me during a movie or play or classical concert.
2. Do the dishes. Odd, I know, but I'm going to be much more impressed with a guy who keeps his place clean. Bonus points if after I've made dinner for him, he helps with the dishes.
3. Open the door. But don't kill me to do so. It's polite, and I will let you get that door for me, but don't push me out of the way or pout if I happen to open the door first. After doing it for a good couple of decades, it becomes a habit.
4. Talk about me or you, not your old girlfriends.
5. Don't belittle my opinions and I won't belittle yours. I admit that I'm not the nicest person around, but I'm not going to swing until you do.

I've worn myself out thinking about these things. Now it's your turn.

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey there's a song I think you'd like called 21 Things I Want in a Lover -- it's by Alanis Morissette from her under rug swept album. Um, yeah, I love the whole album. Then again I'm sort of a fickle man-hating/man-loving girl. Oh, actually I don't like the album. Okay now I do. I do like the song. I don't. I do. I like it.

 

Template by Blogger Candy