Thursday, March 23, 2006

the art of reading

I am becoming too comfortable. WIM was a sea of well-dressed and well-groomed grad students. I showered this morning, put on a little makeup, one of my standard outfits. Nothing special. I just walked down to the grad student offices and every computer is occupied with someone writing out or reviewing their paper for this afternoon's conference. I have a dozen or so poems with me that I'll decide on as I'm reading.

I know it's nerve wracking to read, even just in front of peers. Most of you have been around me when I'm jumpy and nervous and wanting to throw up. (And when I'm about to read it's even worse.) But today I'm not worried. It's become routine.

This isn't really the art of reading, is it? I guess you'll just have to wait to buy the book.

2 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

I hope it's not too expensive, because I need it to grace my shelves.

Th. said...

.

Yeah, and I need to find out what all this editorgirl hoopla's about.

 

Template by Blogger Candy