Saturday, June 03, 2006

any minute now

You really should just skip over this post and read The Zero Review.


I tried to explain to Lady Jane tonight that I feel like something is missing in my life. If you look at my poetry, and even my posts, it's what I spend most of my time thinking about--the gaps, the absences, the holes. I'm not complete yet and no, before someone says this, I don't ever expect to feel complete or satisfied or perfect. I don't want perfect, at least not yet. But I want to feel. . . something. (Perhaps what is missing is the ability to articulate.)

I asked the Jester tonight if he wanted to see Death Cab for Cutie with me in August. (For the newcomers, the Jester is my almost 16 year old brother.) He wasn't too excited. Wait. Let me rephrase that--he wasn't excited at all. Even when I told him I'd pay, that it would be my birthday present to him. I told him to think about it.

My family was in P-town on Monday and brought the treadmill with them. This isn't a normal occurence. In fact, it was a pain. But they left the treadmill in my front room and I've found a nice alternative to eating my weight in whatever is close at hand. Round one for Mom.

I sent my poetry off to Bat City Review. I have a few more on the list, provided I can get my printer working again. Oh, and USF (South Florida) is now at the top of my list for PhD. Jay Hopler is there. Jay Hopler is amazing. And they're in the process of designing something similar to Houston, which should be in place just in time for me to start.

Adam Zagajewski is in the June edition of Poetry. I'll be picking it up tomorrow, along with some decent running shoes. I've been wearing flip flops on the treadmill. Not a good idea.

Good idea: good night.

9 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

I thought that treadmill was a new addition. It would have been rather silly of me to go several months and even a near-birth in your living room without noticing a thing like that before.

Anonymous said...

Yes, flip flops are a bad idea on the treadmill. We should visit Famous Footwear.

Saule Cogneur said...

Ooh ooh. When is Death Cab coming to Utah?

Yancy said...

it is a truely sad thing that your little brother was not excited for death cab, and i must agree...flip flops on the treadmill are definately not a good idea.

Th. said...

.

Zheezh. There is something wrong with that kid.

editorgirl said...

Death Cab is at the McKay August 8.

heathen said...

I'm going to death cab. Come play with me!

Tolkien Boy said...

Bravo for sending in your poetry. You are, as always, an inspiration. Which means you breathe in. Should you ever stop being an inspiration, you will be an expiration, which is inadvisable.

Saule Cogneur said...

Damn you and your Death Cab concert.

 

Template by Blogger Candy