Sunday, April 09, 2006

poor editorgirl indeed

There are some days that are so perfect I don't want them to end. That is so cheesy and Hallmark, but it's the truth. Yesterday was one of those days. I woke up late (11:00), washed my hair (yes, I'm still obsessed with my hair), and met up with Tolkien Boy for the BYU Ballroom Company's "Capture the Magic." Okay, so they need someone to come up with better titles for them (I suggested this to TB as possible post-graduation employment for him), but the dancing was beautiful. I get caught up in the music and the movement. . . maybe not as much as TB, but enough to make it a good few hours. Top it off with a late lunch with Saule and Cindy, and then Arsenic and Old Lace at the Pardoe, and I don't remember being that happy. I kept trying to put off sleep so that the day wouldn't end.

And then I woke up--11:00 again--with an hour to get ready for church. Skirt from LaLa's wedding, a Lauryn Hill song (that woman's voice is the most beautiful sound in the world), and shaved legs. But I was still nervous about church. All those people. Usually I sit with TB and we hold our own meetings of sorts, but today he was teaching--which is always a good thing, but it means I have to behave and listen and stuff.

So I sat with a row of girls during Sacrament Meeting, entertained and disturbed by the homosocial activity in the row in front of me. And then the break. Did I mention TB's parents were there? They were, and they sat in front of me for Sunday School. I choked when TB called on his mother by saying, "Sister Mom." But I'm getting ahead of myself.

It's still the break and we're settling into our seats when I look over and see Say Anything boy across the aisle. There's a bit of a conflict here, because the roommate and I are both interested, but something took over me (hormones maybe?) and I guestured him over to our row and the seat next to me. We chatted for a second and there was a moment when I turned to say something (Say Anything?) to him and I was struck by how cute he is. Anthony Rapp cute.

No way to end this. Actually I know the perfect way to end this.

*turns on Lauryn Hill*

*perfect weekend victory dance*

4 comments:

Kristen said...

wow.
and, you can count among your victories the fact that I spent two (2) hours writing you a handwritten letter on super-japanesey stationery.

I would just like to say:
that imogen heap has given me a headache! i couldn't figure out where i knew her from (before your mixed cd, which is genius, btw) and after nearly an hour (no thanks to iTunes OR google...) i figured out that she was in frou frou! silly me, of course that's how i recognize her voice. Okay, I'm returning your blog space to you, now, I just had to get that all off my chest in your general direction.

PS. Yay!
PPS. Yay!

erin said...

I've recently become a fan of Rascal Flats. And I use to absolutely despise country music.

Oh and girlfriend, I'm going to stalk you...I need you to answer my questions about inscape, por favor. :)

Love, me

Tolkien Boy said...

I just wanted to mention that I also saw the homosocial activity. But don't tell my parents.

Th. said...

.

Wow! Lucky you!

 

Template by Blogger Candy