Friday, April 21, 2006

answergirl

For those of you who are confused, go here.

For those of you who don't care, go here.

And I know it's currently rather sloppy. Forgive me. It will be cleaned up later tonight.

FOBS, Honorary and Not

Master Fob: very expert at passing things off to others (1)
Editorgirl: one girl made angry red marks on a paper with a pen (2)
The Marchioness: the reading girl (2)
Edgy Killer Bunny: I got in trouble once for trespassing and shooting the neighbors rabbits with my BB gun (4)
A. A. Melyngoch: an orange Winnie the Pooh (1)
Queen Zippergut: the sad tale of a queen who had lost her life and her bowels as a result of a number of unfortunate circumstances (5)
Th.: modified the word thanatos, viciously truncating it to two letters(1)
Petra: a large purplish rock (5)
Weed: the weeds (5)
Foxy J: an attractive bluejay (3)
Lady Steed: Lydia, named for one of the characters in The Work and the Glory (4)

Friends I Frequent

Emilie this friend who helps me out in a lot of the dreams I have (4)
Singing Cicada the faint sound of insects (5)
Pieces of Me I'm falling apart (4)
Freelancer I do some freelance work (2)
Sethillama a thick Peruvian accent & “Eet ees like my home in the Andeez. Zee mountains, very famous for zee tourists” (4)
El Veneno Plant had died something less than the good death (5)
The King of Ice A cup of water with a small crown of ice cubes (3)
The Fox Still a fox. (5)
Mr. M. G. I'm Michael Green, the proprietor (3)
The Bard I'm a bard of sorts (5)
Scobberlotch Skaa--brrl--aw--tch (5)
Gilmore Guy Gilmore Girls. (2)
Venerable Ryo bow to the rye (3)
SkyLark a single bird was singing (5)
Mr. Mafia run by organized crime (4)
Special K a box of cereal (1)
Wandering Shepherd a confused-looking shepherd (3)
Yancy play an cyan piano (5)

The Blue-Beta Crowd

Physics Chick one girl frowned as she punched physics equations into a calculator (2)
Eleka Nahmen under a witch's curse, a bad omen (2)
Grad School Guru a graduate student who lives here that goes to every game. A fanatic, of course, but people say he's smart.(5)
Jessica Benet Elizabeth Simpson (4)
Thirdmango a single mango (1)
Cinderella the Cinderella story (5)
Duchess lesser female royalty (6)
Squirrel Boy one of the guys says there's a nest of squirrels in the tree (5)
Brinestone as hot as hades (4)
Ambrosia the food of the gods (4)
Bawb bleed blue and white (5)
Leibniz Leibniz would tell you (2)
Uffish Thought obviously lost in thought (3)
Saule Cogneur one willow tree waving wildly in the wind (3)
Asmond as Monday (4)
Redoubt to doubt again (4)
Naiad Later that night (nocturne) (6)
Miss E Ensign (4)
Morning Glow morning sun was still vibrant in the sky (2)
La Bamba a Ritchie Valens song (3)
Optimistic optimistic thoughts (2)
Photogenic Very photogenic (3)
Azurerocket a blue rocket (3)
LauLau L'ow! L'ow! (4)


Them Whom I Would Like To Meet


Becca: Come avec รก mi.” Her Spanish accent turned the vee sound into a b. (4)
Kirsa: a witch’s curse, a bad omen (2)
TK: Turkey King (5)
Rachel: ewes (3)
The Walrus: two tusked walruses battling on a sheet of ice (3)

Whotta Fambly

Bassercussionist I used to play the bass and the snare (5)
The Hurds a herd (3)

11 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

Wow. I never knew I was so clever.

Oh, wait. Maybe I did.

:D

B.G. Christensen said...

Explain Elizabeth Simpson and ewes, please.

JB said...

Elizabeth Simpson is the alternate to my blogger name. At the time that I chose my name, I loved Jessica Simpson (pre-Newlyweds), and Elizabent Bennett (who I still love). Thus, I chose Jessica (Simpson) Benet(, Elizabeth); the inverse of which would be Elizabeth Simpson. Somebody else probably could have explained that better, but... I'm the most authoritative on the subject!

Also, way to catch the references, eg! And TB, you're awesome, as always. ;)

Also, Rachel means "ewe" in... Hebrew? Some language...

JB said...

P.S. I think pa and ma grape were the bunch of grapes...

JB said...

And another PS who's the girl reading?

JB said...

(there was supposed to be a semi colon or some sort of punctuation between the "PS" and the "who's"...sorry to comment so much...)

erin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
erin said...

Ok maybe I don't get it. I thought I did, but...

Claire said...

Editorgirl, I can't believe you took the time to do this! You rock my socks.

Yancy said...

holy cwap. haha

Th. said...

.

Thank you for doing this.

I didn't have the energy, myself.

 

Template by Blogger Candy