Friday, April 28, 2006

Confessional

Edited

Lady Jane and I finally got together to purge away the semester from hell tonight. One laughable-plot movie, seven Diet Cokes and half a sandwich later, we have discussed everything from students with crushes (mine) to students who plagiarize (hers) to what music we want on our wedding videos. . . wait, did I actually say that?

So here it comes, from a rather exhausted mind that should be asleep right now:
  1. The Book of Love by Magnetic Fields
  2. My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors by Moxy Fruvous
  3. Sink to the Bottom by Fountains of Wayne
  4. Such Great Heights as covered by Iron & Wine
  5. Someone to Watch over Me sung by Ella Fitzgerald
  6. something Bollywood

All of these excerpted, of course, and supplemented by future beau's music, provided his taste in doesn't consist solely of showtunes and country.

6 comments:

Melyngoch said...

Yeah. Don't marry Tolkien Boy.

Anonymous said...

Definitely no country. Amen to Diet Coke. My body (which I almost just spelled bodie on accident but I erased it) still isn't down with sleep. It is ready to write papers on night. For the love. I would marry you if we were different genders! Because those are some great songs

Aislin said...

Not solely showtunes, no. But he's got to be open to a few.
Incidentally, I unknowingly married a man with a burgeoning inner showgirl (that's one scary statement). We watched South Pacific in concert a few nights ago (he knew nothing about the show); since then, on no fewer than four occasions I have found him entertaining G. with renditions of "Gonna Wash that Man Right Out of my Hair," "Happy Talk," and "Bali H'ai," dancing included.
You think you know a person...

editorgirl said...

Speaking of marrying Tolkien Boy. . . very weird dream last night. It featured Tom Hollander and Maggie Gyllenhaal as Brigham and Mary Ann Young.

Petra said...

I like The Magnetic Fields! Do you have a full CD of theirs?

Tolkien Boy said...

Yeah. No one should marry Tolkien Boy. He's like the plague with legs.

 

Template by Blogger Candy