Friday, April 07, 2006

All Lies

I told everyone I was going to grade post-campus today. I did not. Instead I:
  • gave full credit for a bunch of rushwrites
  • slept
  • listened to Miseducation (which should be required listening--none of this silly paper writing--listen to real music, people)
  • read back issues of Writer's Chronicle
  • spent two hours at the library reading Kenyon Review and checking out books NOT needed for the research papers I have to write next week
  • rented Sons of Provo (on Foxy's recommendation) and Prime (on no one's recommendation, but it's about sex and the guy looks cute, which is all I care about)
  • discovered roommate watching her second movie of the day
  • resigned myself to watching snippets of Some Like It Hot and reading more Writer's Chronicles
  • researched PhD creative writing programs
  • panicked

I'm currently still in the panicked state of mind, which I'm hoping my nightly dose of meds will cure. Why couldn't I just stick with the plan and get married young and make babies the rest of my life? But no, I had to be educated and intelligent and want a BA, MA, and PhD. Silly eg. PhDs are for men.

I am now going to go watch my cute-guy movie while my roommate is asleep. That Kirby Heyborne is just so hot.

4 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

Hee hee.

Tolkien Boy said...

I'm shuddering right now.

Oh, and I told Ricky one of the bad things about me is I lie all the time. So you're in good company.

B.G. Christensen said...

Tolkien Boy lies all the time? Now I don't know what to think.

FoxyJ said...

You could just go with my plan and get married, have babies and still go for the PhD. Then you could go crazy, like I'm planning to do :)

 

Template by Blogger Candy