Sunday, April 23, 2006

Damn

Yes, it really is 4:40 a.m. No, I haven't slept tonight. Apparently my body and brain now think that they need to pull an all-nighter every other night. I've spent hours in bed telling them this isn't the case, but they wouldn't listen. The only solution I can come up with that I haven't tried yet is to crash on the couch. I think I could fool them that way. But first. . . ten things I love right now right now.

Pier 1. I suppose I should come up with something generic and/or predictable, but I love going to Pier 1. I can't decorate my house the way I want to yet, but a girl can dream. Or she can buy accent pieces from the Pier, steal/beg/borrow from relatives, and go to

TJ Maxx. Most of my picture frames come from here. I'm an addict. Picture frames, jewlery, and clothes. You have to dig, but it's fun and worth it. I even found Mr. Cogneur a tie there once.

My mother. I can't link to this one, but I'm going to mention that she's the one who taught me how to shop, which in her world means hunting out bargains with the occasional splurge. And since I can't link, let's go with an Easter photo of the family that has everyone except Dad (who was taking the photo) and Sven, speaking of. . .

Educating Archie. This was first a music mix and then my brother Sven's blog. I was messing around this week, trying to avoid paper writing, and I happened to check his blog only to find he's been posting while in the mission field. Somehow I connect better to him in the blogosphere than through email, so I'll keep checking back. Especially for rather interesting thoughts like these.

RomComs. So today my students had their final where they have to present--in groups--what they learned this semester in 115. One of the groups played "Family Feud." They had a question along the lines of "What are [editorgirl]'s favorite kinds of movies?" They said that they were looking for genres. Bollywood was the first answer the class came up with, followed by Divine Comedy, and "John Cusack movies." Maybe I should have taught them how to use a dictionary. . . Anyway, I do love my romcoms (romantic comedies), embarrassing as it is to admit it, although not as embarrassing as admitting that I've spent the past week singing along to

Rascal Flatts. I don't love every song, but there are enough that keep me stealing LaLa's CDs. They're one of my guilty pleasures, along with

tofu.
Rob Thomas, in all incarnations.
Scrubs.
and movies starring Julia Stiles.

And yes, those last four were cop-outs, but the couch is finally calling my name.

3 comments:

Katria said...

I'm allergic to Pier 1. No, really, I am. There's something in there that causes me to go into allergic shock every time I enter the doors (and I know it's not the price tags).

Aislin said...

Are you a fan Julia Stiles, or does she just happen to frequent movies you enjoy? 'Cuz I'll admit, She doesn't do much for me.

Kristen said...

i like julia stiles.

 

Template by Blogger Candy