Monday, January 03, 2005

Welcome Home (and a bedspread)

Did I just call Provo home? Well, this year it feels more like home. In Provo I have my own room with my own bed and my own books and my own piles of crap that I will get around to organizing someday.

Well now. What I am thinking about tonight: My Christmas haul included a new bedspread. I've been using a gray plaid flannel quilt that I tied (read: that I started and my mother finished) since I've been in college. Apparently my mother thought my room needed an overhaul, because I got a velvety burgandy bedspread, which, if you look closely, does include the colors I usually decorate with. I decided to try it out and it is now dominating my bedroom. This has lead to at least three minutes of serious contemplation.

This new bedspread, whether I like it or not, is me. Or at least one side of me. It's the me that wears button-up shirts and slacks and over analyzes everything. And the quilt--my lovely flannel nondescript quilt--was the side of me that wears jeans and hooded sweatshirts and, well, over analyzes everything. Hmm. Well, maybe it is time to try something new.

There was an intelligent bent to this when I first started thinking out the post. I'm afraid that's all deteriorated. My apologies.

Give me a call when you're back in Provo.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi, I'm back and better than ever. I hope you got everything you wanted for Christmas. I hope you wanted everything you got for Christmas. Mostly, though, I'm back and we should hang out.

editorgirl said...

I share my room. I share my life. Nothing is my own.

 

Template by Blogger Candy