Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Zen in the Art of

So Kapka and I had a nice little conversation today while designing inscape. It's going to be beautiful, by the way. The Hampster and I are a lethal combination. Hope everyone else likes black. And white. Maybe a little gray. But that's it.

I had our fearless editor choose the order of the poems so that I could toss (read: tediously place) them into the layout. There are a few poems that occupy a full spread and two were right next to each other. I asked if we could shift them around and quickly got a mini-discussion on the importance of progression in the order she chose. Which I had to agree with.

Anyway, I returned home tonight to finish a CD mix for a friend of mine and Kapka's argument for progression clicked. You can't start off a mix too strongly--you have to build, throw in a few unexpected tracks, and why am I telling you this? This is what happens when there is very limited social interaction. I hate to say this, but I'm ready for classes to start again. Not ready for a 9:00 a.m. with Dean and Gideon in the MSRB, but just the thought of classes and structure sound really really nice. And april meetings. Which reminds me--next Wednesday. Same place, same time. I suppose we should sit down and decide on a uniform time so that means something. Oh well. Good night, sweet dreams, etc.

0 comments:

 

Template by Blogger Candy