Friday, November 13, 2009

necessary things to know about South Carolina

The capitol and largest city is Columbia.

It was named after King Charles I.

It was one of the thirteen original colonies.

It comes between Rhode Island and South Dakota alphabetically.

The state bird is the Carolina wren. The state wild game bird is the wild turkey.

The state dog is the poodle.

Major highways include the I-20, I-26, I-77, and I-385.

The state slogan is "Smiling Faces Beautiful Places."

The most important thing to know about South Carolina: Anna and Brooke live there. And I'm going to visit them in less than two weeks.

I love South Carolina.

5 comments:

Lekili said...

You've got to know how much I love you when I am excited for you to go to South Carolina instead of coming to Utah to see me and other important people. i hope you have the time of your life.

Anna B said...

I love it now, too!!! I can't even wait for you to come. We were talking about it tonight and getting SO EXCITED!

thanks for sharing her, mom! ;)

"In the way . . ." said...

And they also don't like to let their little white babies leave the state to be adopted elsewhere . . .

heath said...

How fun! For a minute there I thought you were recapping your fifth grade State report--remember those things? Have a ton of fun!

Alexis said...

Huh... the poodle.

You guys are going to have so much fun. I'm going to go watch Project Runway, drink a Diet Coke, and think about how much fun you are going to have.

Actually... that sounds like a pretty good plan. :)

 

Template by Blogger Candy