Wednesday, July 18, 2007

losing my mind

The evidence:

  1. Yesterday I ordered a pizza. I kept working on my thesis at my kitchen table, which happens to be near the front door. I forgot about said pizza, becoming engrossed in the archival mess of contemporary American poetry. Almost an hour passes. There's a sudden banging on the door. I scream. And then laugh, awkwardly, because I think it must be my sister or someone I know. I answer the door saying "I'm going to kill you." The dark-glasses-wearing, scruffy pizza guy answers "It said to knock loudly."
  2. I just spent an unreasonable amount of time just now trying to decide between "Alfred Einstein" and "Albert Einstein."

6 comments:

Th. said...

.

I'm not sure which of those two is more awesome, but I'm leaning toward #1.

heath said...

You are hilarious! Wish I could have been there.

ambrosia ananas said...

Thanks. You just made my day with #1.

Anonymous said...

How much time do you have left before your thesis really, truly, has to be finished? And what part of it is giving you the most difficulty?

Anonymous said...

Number 2 was pretty dang funny too. I'm so excited that you're back!!!

Snow Whiteley said...

Number 2 is the one that made my day. I've done that before with authors. And it's still funny each time.

 

Template by Blogger Candy