Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hey brother

I promise I went to sleep tonight shortly after midnight. But I wasn't sleeping well and around 1:30 a.m. I woke up, frustrated and disoriented. As I usually am when I wake up. I was trying to go back to sleep when my sister L started talking--loudly--in the next room. I was convinced she was talking in her sleep--which is a me thing to do, not an L thing to do--until I noticed the pattern of her talking. She was on the phone with S, make that Elder Sven, our brother (her twin), who is currently boarding a plane in Vienna for the Ukraine. (He was allowed to call during layovers at the airports.) I lay there, listening, and, I admit it, jealous. I wanted to talk to Sven. And soon I could hear her saying, I'll see if I can wake her up. She brought in her cell phone, handed it over, and there was my brother. I admit I haven't been a very good correspondent for the past 11 weeks--I'm a terrible correspondent pretty much anytime--but that didn't mean that I hadn't missed him. I got to talk to him, quickly, about important things like Death Cab for Cutie, Iron & Wine, and my 115 class.

I don't usually like to talk about God on my blog, but there's no way else to view this experience. At least not at this time of the morning. L and I needed to talk to Sven, and he needed to talk to us, so God made sure we were awake. And that is no small task.

1 comments:

eleka nahmen said...

So I kept hearing about Death Cab for Cutie in all these random places in the past week, though having never heard of them at all before. So I went and the other night downloaded about three of their albums, and have been positively hooked ever since. That's all I've listened to for the past two days.

 

Template by Blogger Candy