Saturday, January 09, 2010

white night

I keep opening a new post page to write about Christmas. And Christmas this year was awesome--it totally deserves a blog devoted just to it. But I keep hesitating.

Part of it is that everyone who really cares why Christmas was awesome was there. Christmas 2009 will go down in the history books as the year of Seth Heads and Chicago (the band, not the musical) sing-alongs and zipper flowers and the coolest hedgehog ever. It was as close to a perfect Christmas as we could get with Seth in New Zealand--and he made his appearances.

But I'm wondering what purpose this blog is serving now. I started it a long time ago as part of a conversation. But that conversation has moved on in other directions and sometimes I just feel like I'm talking to myself.

Here's what I care about. Poetry, education, my family, my faith, my friends. John Cusack (some priorities never change.)

So what do I do? Do I stay here, editorgirl talking to myself in circles? Or do I look for a new blog and a new name and a new place to be me? I thought by now I would know who that is, but I really don't. I had a 2-in-the-morning moment this week when I realized that I turn 27 in a few months. I never thought I'd be here.

A new blog might be coming. But, for now, it's nice to see you.

6 comments:

Lekili said...

Sar--
You are not talking to yourself. Those of us who love you love reading your witty commentary on life...especially your life. Keep writing.

Maryn said...

Knot-Marian got a mention! Jeepers!

PS I second mother's motion!

Aislin said...

What do you suppose are the differences involved when journaling for one's self and for others? I've been wondering myself. At least one of them ought to get done, and I don't know what the priorities should be, or where you draw the line in the overlaps.
You do have regular readers, old scone. All my best.

Anna B said...

amen to the fam. i check your blog all the time and i love it. and i think it's really cool how blogs develop and change. you = great. xoxo

sounds like an amazing christmas.

"In the way . . ." said...

Sar, I know how you feel. I haven't posted to my blog for 7 or 8 months because life has taken some directions that keep me wondering. But, we do enjoy reading when you do post, and you are able to communicate in ways that always amaze me. If you don't keep up this blog, keep writing somewhere where we can see and read.

Th. said...

.

I think it's time to start making your online presence part of your professional identity. That's what I think.

 

Template by Blogger Candy