Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It is

raining.

I know there's a poem there somewhere. I've written about dancing in the rain with someone (thank you Tolkien Boy for obliging), but there's a poem about dancing alone. I just don't want to force it, but I have the lines and I get nervous when I think about lines too long. They tend to be, well, overthought and useless.

But it is raining. And I should be dancing.


. . . . . . .

In other thoughts, the song "Such Great Heights" has me confused, specifically the lines, "I am thinking it's a sign / that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images / and when we kiss, they're perfectly aligned." I know it's been a while since I kissed anyone, so correct me if I'm wrong, but for their eyes to align while they're kissing must mean that they have no noses (no noses were there / ever so magnificent -- my apologies to JH). Thoughts?

3 comments:

David Grover said...

No, no: the kissing thing works. Take my word for it.

Anonymous said...

agreed, not that my word means a whole lot :) maybe their freckles line up because of their particular kissing angle, rather than because they kiss straight on.

Aislin said...

Maybe they are Picasso people.

 

Template by Blogger Candy