Tuesday, July 04, 2006

How I Celebrated the 4th of July

I didn't. Or at least, I haven't yet. I think that the July 4th edition of Poetasters may include some patriotic activity. Maybe just patriarchal.

Instead of watching the parade, I slept in. Instead of a barbeque, I ate frozen burritos. I drink my Diet Coke with lime on nonholiday days, so that doesn't count as festive. And I played taxi driver for my friend who needed to buy toilet paper and milk. And I just finished (well, almost finished) doing the dishes. I got distracted by some petty annoyance that is occupying almost every waking moment.

Oddly enough, it's not a guy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this annoyance? I hate not being there! I didn't do a ton of celebration either. But I did think of it!

B.G. Christensen said...

Ah ha! I thought not!

Saule Cogneur said...

Wow, you did what I did, only I ate cereal and shopped for apartments online.

Melyngoch said...

I tried to celebrate with the Utah Democrats, but they didn't show. That or they don't exist anymore.

Tolkien Boy said...

Well, I had fun at the patriarchally patriotic party, even if you didn't.

:)

erin said...

We'll see you tonight. It will be fun.

chantelle.elise said...

Well, I have decided that we must be friends. It is just official and there can be no arguing the fact. That's all there is to it.
Chantelle

 

Template by Blogger Candy