Friday, June 30, 2006

Is this really happening to me?

According to my alarm clock, it is 3:02 a.m. This is, of course, an hour when I should not be awake and an hour when I should not be blogging. Too many honest things show up in my blogs when my mental guard is down. It's rather lovely. Lovely and pathetic.

So where have I been? I'd love to give you a detailed itinerary, but I'm afraid the truth would bore you. And the truth is that I rapidly completed spring term only to be launched into summer term without any detox whatsoever, which just about killed me until I grabbed a few of what I like to think of as trashy novels and what I believe the rest of the world calls New York Times Bestsellers. I'd made my way through two paltry 300+ pagers and I still feel the need for the dollar theatre. I'm not sure what I'm teaching in, oh, five hours, except for the fact that I'm at the end of my first week and will need to see personal essays in another week. What crazy person takes a spring or summer class? It's all just much too much.

4 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

I have, strangely, unflagging faith in you (strange because my faith flags quite frequently). Also, an unbridled envy that you get to spend your summer teaching, freshmen though they may be. If you ever need a cold glass of Diet Coke, I'm but a few blocks away.

Saule Cogneur said...

My RM friend decided to take Math 214 for the summer block. I shall sacrafice a burrito to the stress gods for the both of you.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You're the best teacher in the whole world. Good luck, and I need a diet coke with lime but there's none to be found here. Anyhow, love to you. Saw an amazing lady jane painting in the national gallery. Will bring back print.

Aislin said...

I happened to take two writing classes on the block, as well as Literature for Adolescents, wherein one is required to read some forty-odd books. At least I know you are far and away a more entertaining teacher than those I had. Does it change your teaching style much to have longer classes?

 

Template by Blogger Candy