Sunday, June 11, 2006

I must be crazy.

It's his fault really. I mean, he remembered me. He gave me a hug. He ran through the parking lot after me to say good night.

And all I had to say was "Good night. Here's my number."

Of course, this is the real world. And in the real world, things like that don't happen.

.

This should be a short snappy post, but I have one final comment. Is the initial premise of Hitch true for women too? Or is it just for unattractive men who want attractive women? What happens to the unattractive women then? We're just left to rot? Or is there a woman date doctor waiting to teach us how to snag a man?

.

PS2. This isn't a biological time clock thing. . . at least I don't think it is.

.

Yeah, I know. Deal with it.

.

Here's the thing. Everyone keeps saying, track him down, become his friend. Which I know is an important step. But I have friends (and I love my friends). I'm really not looking for another one. What I want is someone to cuddle with (Roommate and I voted this the number one relationship perk) and to kiss and to notice when I make an effort to be attractive (the bro-in-law has this down for LaLa) and to want to listen to me. Which presents an odd problem: Do I need someone in my life who understands and appreciates my writing or is that optional?

7 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

I'm still deciding on the optional thing.

And my point was not to make him a friend, necessarily. My point is that it's usually a bad idea to jump from practically-strangers to cuddlers.

At least, in my increasingly unwise experience.

Aislin said...

It might be necessary to teach him to appreciate writing, yours especially. Which could be work, but not necessarily a bad thing.

Katya said...

He doesn't have to write as well as you (or at all), but he has to be willing to try to understand and appreciate this thing that means so much to you.

Anonymous said...

I picture that he'll like your writing. He'll be intelligent, right? He'll be in love with you, right? So there you go. Also, you are definitely not in the unattractive women category, sorry. So I never want to hear that again. I think relationships (in my vast vast experience) are all about right time, right place. And the right, time right place happen, just not until the right time, right place.

Etelmik said...

Your writing is so integral to who you are and what you do that I'd think it would be very difficult to be with someone who doesn't/can't/won't enter that world at all.

Th. said...

.

It's important.

JB said...

I don't see how he could not like your writing.

Also, if he likes you and appreciates the way you talk and the way you look at the world, it seems to follow logically (in my mind, anyway...) that he'll like your writing.

 

Template by Blogger Candy