Friday, July 21, 2006

Out Loud

This past week I've had disturbingly vivid dreams. Dreams about teaching, dreams about friends, dreams about being shot at while taking cover in a bathtub (thank you Alias and Grosse Pointe Blank). The most disturbing dream. . . I don't know if I have the courage to share it. . . was about my wedding colors.

I've never been one of those girls who plan out their weddings in advance. I don't think I know any of those girls and I don't want to know any of those girls. In my dream, the colors were shades of yellow, orange, and red. Maybe in a few years I'll consider this a revelation, but for now I'm thinking that my mind jumped off the deep end. But, in diving after it, I considered for a split second the possibility of such an event (which I honestly do hope happens someday) and I arrived at the following conclusions:

1. My wedding colors will not be blue, red, or black, in any combination.

2. My wedding colors will be seasonal.

3. There will be a wedding video, despite them being "Mormon" and slightly gauche.
3a. My mother will not determine any of the music. (Sister wound up with "A, you're adorable" which was over the top cutesy.)
3b. I will order all pictures chronologically and determine the appropriate music.
3c. "Out Loud" by Dispatch will be one of the songs.

I realize 3c presents a few problems. The songs for a wedding video should be ones meaningful for the couple, not just the controlling bridezilla. But I like it. A friend gave me a mix with the live version and I love the song. So my objective in any relationship becomes clear: once I have determined that this is the man I'm going to hang out with for eternity, I'll have to indoctrinate him. Of course, I can't let this become one of "our" songs until I'm completely sure so that it doesn't carry bad memories of a previous relationship.*


*Case in point: I love the song "The Book of Love," but it's connected to BF2, who currently holds first place in the People-I-Never-Want-to-See-Again contest. I've been trying to ignore that fact, but it must be acknowledged.

0 comments:

 

Template by Blogger Candy