Wednesday, November 17, 2004

When it rains

Good morning all. I'm holed up in my home away from home away from home, otherwise known as the Pub. Somehow my moderately distasteful day has become a severely crummy one. I woke up late, for starters. Work was relatively blah, class was obnoxious, and then I found out that there is a small contingency of students who think I'm a bitter washed-up senior with nothing better to do than criticize those who are so obviously my superiors (see previous entry). In short, people are particularly stupid today and I just don't want to deal with them.
My roommate keeps telling me I need more sleep. Which, in some twisted way, is like my mother telling me I need to read The Hiding Place. I never read the Hiding Place and I'm not sleeping for a similar reason. Pure stubbornness. Plus, who honestly has time for sleep? It's an hour wasted in both directions. And I'd still be running around screaming "I want my brain back." Really what I want to do is curl up and watch Say Anything, preferably with a guy (who at this point will remain nameless), fall asleep, wake up, and send in my grad school apps. What a good idea. Maybe I'll do just that. Right after a two-hour inscape session, a three-hour april session, and reading a play about how Shakespeare could have saved Ireland if he had only gone there.
I've talked myself out. Now I'm going to take it out on Steve. I like Steve almost as much as I like april. . . both in a strictly you're-a-cool-married-guy way.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Okay, EG, I see where this all is going, but when did April get married? I'm not married. Trent is most emphatically not married. Mary is not married, although she hopes to one day be Mrs. Goodbar... I'm giving you a grand total of five more minutes to feel sorry for yourself and then we're going for slurpees. Start the clock.

Jer said...

April is most definately NOT married. She's way too skanky for that.

editorgirl said...

You forgot Aaron. And Jeremy is right. April is just too promiscuous to settle down.
Update on the DC commentary: apparently I am in love, or prepared to be, with any male member of DC. Well, naturally. I'm a young, good looking--I am very good looking--relatively disease free female (name that movie) with absolutely no prospects looking to abandon the land of LDS men for the desert. I also apparently have a bias towards the Hendengrens. Well thank you Captian Obvious. However, I do feel that I was unbiased as much as I could be, noting almost every member of the cast. Maybe Ian felt left out. Nope, mentioned him too. All I can say is "Oh my heck." And get me out of Utah.

Kristen said...

I didn't forget Aaron. He's married to Charlton Heston.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this "Blogger" idea until just now. Very interesting... If I ever stumble onto anything worth saying that hasn't already been claimed by someone else, I may just "blog" myself. (Don't hold your breath--my lack of originality is astounding.) Then again, if this blogging is part of an intellectual commons movement, who better to blog than the intellectually common? I guess we'll have to wait and see. For the record, editorgirl, I actually don't think you are bitter. I think stupid people say that to dismiss your rejection of them.

 

Template by Blogger Candy