Saturday, November 13, 2004

The origins of editorgirl

You see, when a mommy and a daddy love each other they. . .

Kidding, kidding. This is not about my conception. At least not my physical conception. More a spiritual frame of reference. Basically it's telling the, oh, one person who looks at this blog where my nickname comes from. It won out over many others, including the Crippling Wrath, Victims 1-100, and Captain Spanky. Actually, Captain Spanky is still in use in remote areas of the world, like Vernal.
So editorgirl. I am, gasp, an editor by trade and education. I also am a writer, specifically a poet when I'm really on a roll. I took a workshop at the beginning of 04 in which I was dubbed editorgirl because I would point out ungrammatical or inconsistent elements in the other poets' work. Consistency is key, people. Grammar is important. It facilitates communication. And when you've mastered those skills, you can break them for effect. Can I get an amen?

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Amen indeed, my darling. Or should I say captain spanky? I have the sneaking suspicion that you shouldn't have published that...(insert maniacal laughter here) Um, I remain ignorant of my many grammatical errors, my favorite, of which is the comma, splice slash run on sentences that keep going on for a really long time even after I'm done saying what it was I was saying. I wish that I had a cool story about being Special K. It's a freakin' breakfast cereal. Pretty good with strawberries though.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristen said...

Hey, I'm excited for our Thursday POETRY READING too! Except that I don't have many more new and good poems to read. Poo. Hey, I think I should get a prize for being your favorite blog reader/poster of comments.

editorgirl said...

I think you should get a prize for being my only blog reader/commenter/friend. Wait, did I say that? Oh dear.

 

Template by Blogger Candy