Friday, November 19, 2004

Oatmeal Cookie Chunk

It's no big secret that I've had a miserable week. Anyone who talks to me on a regular basis knows that the sun has decidedly not been shining on my head. But you know what's great about life? The way one silly little thing can change your outlook. It my case, that silly little thing was/is Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk, which just happens to be my favorite ice cream of all time. There are few things on my list that top OCC. The amazing thing is, OCC was a "limited-time" flavor, so it disappeared from my life. (Note: this is not a metaphoric story about a guy. This is all about the ice cream.) I thought our separation was forever and I tried to console myself with cookies'n'cream, chocolate chip, cookie dough, even peppermint (which does run a close second, but again, is seasonal). All with little success. Then today I'm in the frozen foods aisle at Macey's and I think, "I'll just check and see what B&J have today." And there, with a shiny blue "By Popular Demand" stamp, is my Oatmeal Cookie Chunk. The sun is shining again, people. I hope you're having a wonderful day. eg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
editorgirl said...

The deleted comment was not, for the record, inappropriate or offensive or anything like that. It was just so good it merited its own post (see The danger of Google).

Kristen said...

EG! I just went in search of the aforementioned fabulous ice cream of my dreams. Could not find it ANYWHERE! Perhaps an angel brought you your very own pint of oatmeal cookie crunch. I ended up with Strawberry NY Cheesecake.... Yes, it is 3:30 am.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
That's really cool! I know it's incredible, but I invented the flavor oatmeal cookie chunck, no joke and so your story is really cool to me. About 5 years ago, my sister and I came across a flavor-creating contents on the Ben and Jerry's website. We gave some ideas including pumpkin pie, and...oatmeal cookie. Then a few years later we got a letter in the mail saying Congratulations Ben and Jerry's has chosen your ice cream flavor. And they rewarded us with one free pint of Oatmeal Cookie Chunk:o) Then today I did a search for the flavor on the internet to show my friend the flavor I had invented and your journal entry showed up. It was really cool to read it. I was flattered, hehe, even if I only invented the flavor, but not created the ice cream you ate.

:O) :O) Hope things are going well for you this year.

Susie
lkychrms19@aol.com

 

Template by Blogger Candy