Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the world's first unmanned flying desk set--all over again

I'm back.

Maybe you didn't notice that I was missing, but I did. A lot. It's hard to be with yourself when you're gone. My gratitude and apologies to those who were present when I wasn't. A sentence that doesn't make much sense--I am so back.

I started unpacking tonight. Not just books and movies--those things are always with me, I shelved them immediately. But tonight I started designating places for things. I think I'm finally ready to move into this basement, finally ready to live here, rather than just stay here. It's far from perfect, but so am I. I think we'll be just fine. (Especially if we find ourselves a few friends who don't mind that my apartment is personified.)

Today's class went really well too. Not that it was too hard to beat Friday's class--which, for the sake of my job, I won't post about here, but email me and you'll get all the gorey details. But they were talking and they were excited and they were laughing and I was in my element. I like my element.

The "flying desk set" metaphor first came up my freshman year on a day when everything finally clicked--I distinctly remember me strutting through the leaves on campus, toward the JSB, feeling like I could do anything, take on anything or anyone. For the record, I was wearing a long-sleeved sky blue shirt. Tonight I'm feeling exactly that. Tomorrow I'll tackle my thesis and some more unpacking.

Ladies and gentlemen, the world's first unmanned flying desk set.

5 comments:

heath said...

Glad you're feeling on top of the world. It must be the weather or the alignment of the planets or something, because I've been dragging my feet for weeks but I got a rush of something this evening. I still need to come over and see pictures, but I'll let you make a little more headway on your thesis before I come distract you.

Th. said...

.

Phew.

I didn't see that "again" part at first.

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if I were ever to buy a desk set--twice--I'd probably buy this one, both times.

Glad your feeling better about things.

Anonymous said...

go team!

Aislin said...

I remember that shirt. And the eye makeup that went with it. You were--are--perfectly smashing.

 

Template by Blogger Candy