Sunday, December 10, 2006

Or is it too little, too late? (Updates in grey. Or gray. Whichever you prefer.)

Due to the fact that my blog is my homepage (how narcissitic am I?), I've decided to follow in the venerable Melyngoch's footsteps after all. I need a reminder of everything I have to get done, and I need it now.


  1. Finish reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
  2. Write twenty-five 20 10-ish 3 pages on E.L. Doctorow's The March.
  3. Read 630 assignment on Hayden White.
  4. Make salsa and buy chips for last day of 630.
  5. Grade twenty-three rhetorical analyses.
  6. Grade twenty ten short stories and any lingering poems.
  7. Teach four three two classes.
  8. Give two one finals.
  9. Host 519 final at my house.
  10. Write a (very long) paper on my poetics.
  11. Compile a collection of my poems to complement the paper on poetics.
  12. Apply to Utah.
  13. Apply to Houston.
  14. Apply to Ohio.
  15. Wonder why I'm not applying more places.
  16. Finish letter of intent.
  17. Clean up critical writing sample.
  18. Arrange creative writing sample.
  19. Order GRE scores. !!! (19a. Pray that I didn't order them too late to get to Utah.)
  20. Schedule time with Lady Jane and Virginia before they leave.
  21. Avoid shopping and eating out as much as possible. 21a. Forget that.
  22. Read Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet.
  23. Grade twenty-three research papers.
  24. Grade twenty creative writing portfolios.
  25. Finish quilt for Grandma.
  26. Clean my house.
  27. Clean it again, post parties.
  28. Make a list of books to read during Christmas break (none of which will be read, beginning with Doctorow's Book of Daniel).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even want to think about how many meals I've eaten away from my appartment in the last week.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap!

That's a lot of stuff.

Christian said...

29. Schedule a time to hang with Edgy.

And since when does our hanging out require TB's presence? I mean, I realize we haven't gotten together despite the need to, but still . . .

Anonymous said...

i'm moving out of the country. let people know that i'm safe when the realize that i've gone.

Melyngoch said...

cross something off! you make me nervous!

 

Template by Blogger Candy