Monday, December 04, 2006

Do I deconstruct your segues?

I considered making a list of all the things I need to get done in the next three weeks, but then I saw this and decided it was more than enough for one goddess to think about. Instead, I'm going to list all the things I want to do in the next three weeks. And yes, there is a difference. Contrary to popular belief, I don't want to take my Theory Discourse final.

Sleep.
Feel better, coldwise.
Firm Christmas party.
Shop.
Shop.
Shop.
Visit The King's English over and over and over again.
See The Holiday.
Continue to discover the wit of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (see post title).
Eat sushi with K.
Hang out at Gallery One Ten and admire the collective brilliance.
Start writing my thesis.

Okay, that last one isn't so much a want as a really, really, really need to, to the point of wanting to. Just like I "want" to write my article-length paper on E.L. Doctorow's The March, and apply to PhD programs. How did I reach this point in my life? I'll tell you.

I don't know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone "wants" to write their thesis. And if they do, they should be taken out back and shot. Do you want to write my thesis instead?

Unknown said...

I notice the phrase "attend Independent Movie Night" isn't on your list. That's a fairly conspicuous absence, there. For shame.

Tolkien Boy said...

I can't believe the phrase "Tolkien Boy" is not on your list.

Tsk.

Anonymous said...

Gallery One Ten is pure brilliance. And I'm so glad you discovered the King's English - if I had been thinking, I would have advised you of its presence months and months ago.

Melyngoch said...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer! I'd just like to direct your attention to all the times Tolkien Boy has ever mocked me for my love of that show, so you can scorn his lack of taste with me.

erin said...

I want to see the Holiday too.

 

Template by Blogger Candy