Saturday, December 09, 2006

impossible men of the month club

I wasn't going to write this tonight. I was going to go to bed, think about writing this, and then promptly move on to more important things.

But really, can anything be more important than this?

Probably not.

Tonight I am submitting the following nominees to eg's pantheon of impossible men: Graham (Jude Law) and Miles (Jack Black), both from The Holiday, which is of course a chick flick in the worst way. (Please note that there should be more nominees, namely David what's-his-face of Bones and Buffy fame, Seth Green (if he isn't already there), and Sufjan Stevens, but I'm too busy drooling over tonight's candidates. Their time will come. Perhaps over the Christmas break when I have nothing better to do than drool over impossibles. Much like now. . . )

Graham (spoiler alert) is sexy and British. Which means a sexy British accent. Also, he majored in lit and is a book editor. Widowed with two adorable daughters with adorable names and adorable British accents. Honestly, by the end of the movie, he was just a little too perfect for words. To quote Virginia, "He can't be hot and sweet. He has to choose one." Agreed.

Miles, for the record, is also sexy, but unfortunately American. I felt justified when LadyJane admitted that he was adorable (although definitely not in the way the British girls were adorable. . . hmm. . . considering a change of adjective. . . ) and a great leading man. Go Jack Black. And when he busts out with both the frozen drinks and the singing of movie themes at Blockbuster, be still my heart. Even if that would kill me.

If you're looking for a review, well, you're not getting it. But I say go see it. I'll come with you. And when I sigh audibly, well, don't say I didn't warn you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't say I ever imagined that anyone would sigh over Jack Black.

Christian said...

Dec and I fully intend to see this. But only so that we can drool over Jude Law. That's a regular pastime for us.

Anonymous said...

i can't even believe how hot jude law was in that movie. really. it was illegal. i must confess that i don't see the draw of the bones guy. i'm not sold. but jack black definitely gets charm/funny points.

Anonymous said...

I've had a non-sexual male crush on Jack Black ever since I saw School of Rock. You know, instead of fantasies about running away with him and engaging in a long and lusty romance, I have fantasies about hanging out with him, listening to AC/DC or watching old episodes of M*A*S*H* or something like that.

erin said...

I finally saw this movie last week, and it is incredible. I loved it, especially the two adorable little British girls with adorable British accents.

 

Template by Blogger Candy