Friday, November 10, 2006

ice cube

I know I delivered that cute little teaser in my last post. And one of these days the movie will come out (Julia Stiles will play me, with Val Kilmer as Tolkien Boy, Liv Tyler as Melyngoch, and John Cusack as John Cusack). Until then. . . Ice Car.


This is what I found when I went out to my car this morning. (Okay, not that bad, but you get the idea.) But it was an ice cube. I attempted to open the passenger door, with absolutely no luck. After some coercing (read: kicking, swearing, digging at it with my fingernails and the cover of a library book), I got the back door on the driver's side open, found my ice pick . . . scraper . . . thing, and begin scraping. Five minutes and I could drive away without threatening myself or anyone else on the road. And then as I turned onto 800 North, I heard a pop. I freaked out, because this is what I do when a sound happens anywhere near my car.

The passenger door had finally thawed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that swearing is the ONLY way to get my possessions to behave as they should. I've been doing a lot of it lately.

B.G. Christensen said...

And me? (Because remember, it's all about me.)

erin said...

This is why I am happy that I have an underground parking garage where ice does not form.

Christian said...

My parents' driveway resembles a cliff. Fortunately, it is heated so you can actually drive up it in winter. Unfortunately, it did not occur to me last night that I might want to turn on the heat. Even with the all-wheel drive, I nearly didn't make it up it this morning.

I hate winter.

Tolkien Boy said...

I don't think Val Kilmer would make a very good me.

Oh, and it doesn't snow here, it rains. My poor Simon is drenched. But still driveable.

Melyngoch said...

Live Tyler? I can't have Maggie Gyllenhaal?

(she already defiled my idenity once . . .)

 

Template by Blogger Candy