Sunday, October 14, 2012

30 by 30

Today I am six months away from turning 30. Or I was yesterday.

I've been considering 30 for a few months now. Someone told me recently that you're not old until you're, like, 27. So there's that to think about. And then this whole new number, this new decade, that doesn't seem as accessible as 20.

But, like I said, I have six months to prepare, adjust, admit that I am going to be 30.

I've seen a few friends tackle a "30 by 30" project. Miss K had the best one, of course. But, like so much of my life of late, I didn't consider this until recently. It's too late to take on 30 new experiences, especially when law school finals are looming. 

So I'm giving myself a different "30 by 30" challenge. 30 new poems by my 30th birthday. I know how to write a poem--I've spent this past decade learning how--but I haven't been writing much lately. I'm hoping this will light a fire under my 29-year-old self. 30 poems in six months. That's the plan. And just to keep me on the straight and narrow, I'll report back here. It's time this blog saw some action again.

I wrote the first draft of my first poem tonight. 1 down, 29 to go.

Happy birthday to me.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

This is an excellent 30x30. Brava!

Anna B said...

canireadthemcanireadthemcanidreadthem???

emi. said...

30 is the best. don't you worry.

Renaissance Girl said...

fyi you're not even close to old at 30.

Lekili said...

Can't wait to start reading...

Kristen said...

also, where are the poems? everyone wants to read them.

 

Template by Blogger Candy