Sunday, October 22, 2006

what was your first impression?

I love that I can post three sentences and get several responses more thought out than the original post. And yes, I do enjoy the voiceover on About a Boy and most of the time on Arrested Development (is no one else mildly creeped out that it's Ron Howard? Or that his daughter was wet and barely clothed for the entire Lady in the Water?). But I feel the time has come, as the walrus (or was that the Walrus) said, to talk of many things. Or at least as many things as I have time and patience for.

Listening to Badly Drawn Boy. Last night I was at Muse Music for an unpublicized evening of rocking. . . not my words. The Cobabes, aka Rockwell, aka Electric Gravy, were opening for some group I'd never heard of. But I have heard of Cobabes/Rockwell/Gravy. We went to high school together and they are three of my favorite boys in Provo. Three of the sexiest too. Well, one of the sexiest, one of the cutest, and one of the most awkward. . . but one out of three isn't bad. Plus I can say with pride that I went to Muse last night, while I'm not so sure I can be proud of the fact that I have seen Step Up twice since it hit the dollar. Twice with Lady Jane, at that. The first time we went for the dancing and because I still think Channing Tatum is hot. The second time we went for the dancing and because Channing Tatum is hot. And guess what--he was hot both times.

In other movie news, Marie Antoinette. I have been waiting and waiting for this movie, reading reviews, buying magazines. A small part of this was that I like Kirsten Dunst and Jason Schwartzman as actors--something I know is awful to admit. But even more was the study of European, and more specifically French, history that occupied my brain during high school. I've always been fascinated by Marie Antoinette and Versailles. There was a tragic extravagence to both that held my attention. I think that was a large part of Coppola's movie, which also held my attention. It was beautiful and overwhelming and almost too caught up by the story to care about its audience, much like I think Versailles must have been. I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up, but with the warning that you just might hate it. The girls I was with did. A lot.

7 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

It bothers me that we never see movies anymore.

Anonymous said...

It caught my eye when I read about it a week or two ago; now I want to see it.

erin said...

Yeah I want to see it too.

Anonymous said...

the company made it WEll worth it. and I almost think CT was hotter the second time.

Anonymous said...

the company was WELL worth it! and i think maybe TC was hotter the second time, even.

Joe said...

So that's what's been going on in Yootah. Did I ever tell you I saw Jumanji at the dollar eight (8) times? No, I didn't. I never told anybody . . . until now. My niece likes you a lot. Let's chat sometime.

Anonymous said...

I saw The Cobabes when they were still in their Rockwell incarnation. Did they play their patented TV theme song medley? Did I spell "medley" right?

 

Template by Blogger Candy